When you dine in or take out at a participating Upromise restaurant on three occasions by June 30, 2010, and spend $25 or more each time, you’ll receive a $15 savings bonus. To qualify, you’ll need to sign up with Upromise, sign up for the Upromise Dining program, and link your credit card or debit card to your Upromise account.
There are dozens of Milwaukee area restaurants that participate in Upromise. Examples include:
- Joey’s Seafood And Grill 12455 W Capitol Dr, Brookfield, WI
- Murf’s Frozen Custard 12505 W Burleigh Rd, Brookfield, WI
- Fiesta Garibaldi 2205 N Calhoun Rd, Brookfield, WI
- Mo’s Irish Pub 10842 W Bluemound Rd, Wauwatosa, WI
- Leff’s Lucky Town 7208 W State St, Wauwatosa, WI
- El Greco 9143 W Appleton Ave, Milwaukee, WI
- Juniper61 6030 W North Ave, Wauwatosa, WI
- Mo’s A Place for Steaks, 720 N Plankinton Ave, Milwaukee WI
What is Upromise?
Upromise is a service that helps families earn, save and pay for higher education. With Upromise, families can automatically save money for college while making everyday purchases, such as buying groceries and dining out.
What is the Upromise Dining Program?
The Upromise Dining program offers Preferred Diners 4%-8% contributions on eligible transactions, while the standard Upromise benefit level is only 2%-4%. It’s free to join the Upromise Dining program, so why not join? The $15 Dining Bonus offered by the Upromise is for members (called “Preferred Diners”) of the Upromise Dining program only.
The High-Yield Savings Account by Sallie Mae
Upromise also promotes a high-yield savings account from Sallie Mae. The current rate on the high-yield savings account is 1.4%, which is one of the best in the nation. The kicker is that Sallie Mae gives a 10% annual match on Upromise earnings provided the following conditions are met:
- To be eligible for the 10% annual match on your Upromise earnings from Upromise you must link your High-Yield Savings Account to your Upromise Account.
- Within 90 days of opening your High-Yield Savings Account, either:
- (1) set up an Automatic Savings Plan with a monthly deposit of $25 or more, or
- (2) fund the account with $5,000 or more.
- Upromise will match 10% of your Upromise earnings posted as ”funded” to your Upromise Account during the calendar year of January 1 through December 31.
- The 10% annual match will be deposited into your High-Yield Savings Account in February of the following year provided that both accounts remain active and are in good standing at the time of transfer.
- Upromise may change or terminate the 10% annual match offer at any time without notice.
- Other terms and conditions may apply.
- The Sallie Mae High-Yield Savings Account is FDIC insured.
- Upromise Accounts are not FDIC insured, carry no bank guarantee and may lose value.
Visit the Upromise website to learn more about the Upromise program.
Now through December 31st, Upromise members can purchase a McDonald’s Arch card and earn 5% college savings. New Arch cards must be registered on the Upromise website within 30 days of purchase to receive credit.
After reviewing the fine print for this offer, it appears that you need to purchase a new Arch card and that this is not valid for a reload of an existing card. The normal amount that Upromise members earn for Arch card purchases or reloads is 1%.
UPromise.com is the best way to save for college. Plus, it’s free to join. Also, it is possible for Upromise to send you a check for your accumulated earnings (therefore, you don’t necessarily need to be saving for college to sign up for Upromise.) To learn more about the Upromise program, check out some of our recent posts:
- Milwaukee Area Restaurants in the Upromise Program
- Upromise coupons for Pick ‘n Save and other grocery stores
- How to Make Money with a Upromise Account
In the past we’ve informed our readers how they can save up to 8% at local restaurants through the Upromise program. Now, Upromise is running a promotion through November that doubles the savings at over 8,500 restaurants nationwide, including 108 restaurants in the Milwaukee area, such as:
- John Hawk’s Pub
- Mo’s A Place For Steaks
- Mo’s Irish Pub
- The Pasta Tree
- The Highland House (in Mequon)
For example, if you dine at the Highland House, you would normally receive a 2% credit to your Upromise account. With the current double savings promotion, you would receive a 4% credit to your Upromise account.
Joining Upromise is FREE! All you need to do is go through the registration process, link up your credit card that you’ll use when you dine out, and be sure to sign up for their preferred diners program (yes, it’s free too).