Consumer advocate Clark Howard is predicting that there is a better than 50/50 chance that gas prices will dip below $3 per gallon and fall into the $2 range this summer. The U.S. is currently sitting on its greatest stockpile of oil in the last 22 years.
Howard believes that our increased oil reserves in conbination with the following factors will contribute to lower prices at the pump:
- France has elected a new socialist president
- The disruption in Greek elections
- Continuing political and economic uncertainty in Europe
- China’s economy is slowing down
- Americans are buying more fuel efficient vehicles
- There appears to be less talk of going to war with Iran
According to MilwaukeeGasPrices.com, the current national average at the pump is $3.76 per gallon and the average price in Milwaukee is $3.80 per gallon.
It’s extremely difficult to predict where gas prices are headed. However, there is one thing that we know for sure – we hope Clark Howard is right with his prediction!
CarSoup.com is sponsoring Buy One Get One Free admission day at the 2012 Greater Milwaukee Auto Show on Tuesday, February 28. Print this free Auto Show coupon on the CarSoup website and bring at least one can of soup to the Auto Show. All donated food will go to Milwaukee’s Hunger Task Force. The Greater Milwaukee Auto Show takes place at the Midwest Airlines Center through Sunday, March 4.
For more information on the Greater Milwaukee Auto Show, check our our post: 2012 Greater Milwaukee Auto Show Discounts.
The 2012 Greater Milwaukee Auto Show takes place at the Frontier Airlines Center Saturday, February 25th through Sunday, March 4th. The Auto Show features the latest alternative fuel vehicles, concept cars, historic vehicles, television and movie cars, along with specialty displays featuring the newest technology and automotive trends.
Auto Show Ticket Prices
Ticket prices to the 2012 Greater Milwaukee Auto Show at the gate are:
- $10 for ages 13+
- $8 seniors 62+ (weekdays only)
- $8 for students with ID
- $5 for children ages 7 to 12
- Children six and under are free.
Auto Show Discounts
There are a few deals available to get free and discounted admission this year’s Auto Show:
- Buy One Get One Free Tickets from DealWatch – Receive two admission tickets for $10 from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s DealWatch. This deal is valid on Monday-Wednesday, February 27-29, and can be purchased now.
- CarSoup.com Buy One Get One Free Day at the Auto Show – Donate a can of soup to get two admissions for the price of one on Tuesday, February 28. A coupon is required and can be found on the CarSoup website.
- $1 Online Order Discount – Purchase weekday tickets on the Auto Show website, and you’ll receive a $1 discount and a free one year subscription to Motor Trend magazine! There are no service fees for buying tickets online.
- Kids Day – Children 12 and under are free with a paid adult on Kids Day, Sunday, March 4th. The first 200 families attending the Auto Show on Kids Day will receive a voucher for a copy of the movie Hop on Blu-ray.
Auto Show Hours and Discounted Parking
Auto Show hours are:
- Saturdays – 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sundays- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday – 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday – 1 p.m.- 9 p.m.
Discounted parking is available in the Grand Avenue parking structure. Present an Auto Show ticket stub and receive parking for $6.
Check out the 2012 Greater Milwaukee Auto Show website for full information about the show.