Taste of Home Outlet Store – Cooks Who Care Promotion and Giveaway
If you are a bargain hunter, chances are you enjoy shopping at local outlet stores. If so, the Taste of Home Outlet Store located in the Reiman Visitors Center in historic downtown Greendale is right up your alley. According to the Taste of Home Outlet Store’s website, they stock kitchen gadgets, discontinued merchandise, overstocks, and have all the latest release Taste of Home books. The website is a great resource for deals that can be found at the store. For example, each week there is a specific book for half price that is advertised on the site, along with a special deal of the week. This week’s special is an Orange, Strawberry, or Apple Shaped Glass Cutting Board for only $1 (original price was $4.99).
Also, we took a trip to the Store recently and found the following bargains:
- Cookbooks (originally priced at up to $24.99) marked down to 3 for $10.
- Taste of Home 3 ring binder cookbooks, 738 pages, 1,395 recipes, includes a subscription to Taste of Home Magazine (original price $29.99) marked down to $10.
- Taste of Home Magazine back issues from $0.50.
Store hours are Monday thru Saturday 9am to 5pm, except for Thursday when they are open until 8pm. Every Thursday night is Girl’s Night Out from 5pm to 8pm where bargain shopping is complemented with food and refreshments.
Cooks Who Care Week Promotions
Taste of Home has declared this week “National Cooks Who Care Week” in order to celebrate the generosity of those who are giving back to their communities through food-related efforts.
Here are some ways you can participate:
- From Monday, November 9th to Sunday, November 14th, the Taste of Home Outlet Store is conducting a food drive. Simply bring 3 or more non-perishable food items and receive a free Taste of Home Cookbook! Limit one per day.
- Thanksgiving Dessert Raffle: On Wednesday (Nov. 11), bring a non-perishable item to the Taste of Home Outlet Store in downtown Greendale. For each item of food donated, customers will receive an entry into a Thanksgiving Dessert Raffle. Two winners will be able to choose one of six holiday desserts made by the Taste of Home Test Kitchen for their Thanksgiving dinner!
- Kitchen Drive: Taste of Home employees will host a community-wide kitchen drive to completely outfit 24 apartment kitchens at United Methodist Children’s Services in Milwaukee, Wisconsin — with everything from pans and utensils to food. The new apartments will provide housing to families that are trying to get back on their feet. The public will have the opportunity to donate their new or “like new” items at the Taste of Home Outlet Store in downtown Greendale, Wisconsin during Cooks Who Care Week, November 9-15, 2009.
For more information on the Cooks Who Care week, visit Taste of Home’s website.
In honor of the Cooks Who Care week, Taste of Home have generously provided a Taste of Home Cooks Who Care edition cookbook for one lucky Milwaukee Consumer reader! If you would like to be entered in the drawing for a Taste of Home cookbook please fill out the form below.
The contest has ended. If you would like to be notified of additional giveaways in the future, subscribe to our email newsletter:
Contest fine print: The drawing for the Taste of Home cookbook will be held on Wednesday, November 18th at 5:00 pm. One entry per person. By entering the giveaway, you will also be added to the Milwaukee Consumer email list to be kept in the loop of all of the great deals in our area (don’t worry…we don’t share email addresses with anyone, and you can unsubscribe at any time).