Free Admission to German Fest
German Fest will take place at the Henry Maier Festival Park (Summerfest Grounds) this week from Thursday, July 23rd, to Sunday, July 26th. The least expensive way to get into German Fest is to go on Thursday, when admission is FREE all day! (Select menu items will also be $1 off on Thursday.) Or, there are other promotions occuring each day. Purchasing advance tickets will save you $3 per ticket.
Discounted Admission Price Offers:
Friday, Saturday and Sunday All Day/Any Gate – Free Admission for Military Personnel
- In support of the men and women who serve the United States, German Fest is pleased to offer free admission to the military personnel and their immediate family with an active military I.D. at any gate.
- Active military status includes all of the Armed Forces, National Guard Reserve Units, Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian and Military dependents with proper I.D.
Free admission for children 12 years of age and under
- Children 12 and under are always admitted free at any gate when accompanied by an adult.
Thursday – Free Admission and Food/Drink Special
- Free admission all day and evening at all gates, and $1 off food and drink at all German Fest operated food booths and bars – a total of 17 booths and 22 bars.
Friday – Handicapped and an escort
- Free admission from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Friday, July 24, for handicapped individuals and one escort at any gate.
Sunday – Mass Attendees
- Free admission for all attendees to the 10:30 a.m. mass in the Marcus Amphitheater on the south end of the German Fest grounds, Sunday, July 26.
- $3 off admission on Sunday with a coupon from page 7A of the Sunday, July 19th Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Coupon valid on Sunday, July 26th only.
Sunday – Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Free admission at the NORTH GATE ONLY from 1:00 p.m. – 3 p.m. with the donation of non-perishable food items to benefit the Hunger Task Force of Greater Milwaukee, Sunday, July 26.
2009 Ticket Information
- Advance tickets – $10
- Adult admission – $13
- Seniors 60+ with valid ID – $7
- Students with valid school ID – $7
- Children 12 and under – free with accompanying adult
Advance tickets for German Fest can be purchased at Pick ‘n Save, Copps, and Rainbow area grocery stores. Advance tickets can also be purchased in Milwaukee at the Alpine Botique, the Old German Beer Hall (Hofbrauhaus), the Port of Hamburg, and Usinger’s Sausage. Tickets can be purchased in Waukesha at Weisgerber’s Gasthaus. Tickets can be purchased in Richfield at the German Glass & Gift and Christmas Chalet in Richfield.